This year, the Energizer Bunny® one of America’s most beloved and well-known icons, will be celebrating his 20th birthday. To help celebrate in style, we are celebrating his ultimate birthday bash at this year’s 37th annual Great Forest Park Balloon Race. As one of St. Louis’s most popular and much anticipated events, nearly 100,000 spectators will be in attendance to help wish the Energizer Bunny® a very happy birthday.
And what type of birthday would it be if we did not have a fabulous birthday cake to help the Energizer Bunny® celebrate? For the first time ever, KMOV’s, Great Day St. Louis, and Energizer have partnered to host the Ultimate Energizer Bunny Birthday Cake Contest. We are seeking your help in creating the best birthday cake the Energizer Bunny®, and St. Louis, have ever seen!
Each morning, from September 14th to September 17th, Great Day St. Louis will showcase one of four Energizer Bunny® birthday cakes designed by some of St. Louis’s best bakeries. Great Day will also interview a representative from each of these bakeries. On Thursday, September 17, 2009, St. Louisans will have a chance to vote on their favorite cake. The winner will be announced on Great Day Friday, September 18th.
Below you will find all of the details about the contest! We hope you are interested in celebrating the Energizer Bunny Ultimate Birthday Cake!
Participating bakeries will receive the some or all of the following benefits:
- Opportunity to display winning cake and signage at Great Forest Park Balloon race.
- One (1) live in-studio interview opportunity with KMOV Great Day St. Louis to feature cake creation and bakery representative.
- Exposure on social networking sites featuring the Energizer Bunny®, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Online exposure at www.kmov.com to the Great Forest Park Balloon Race and the Energizer Bunny Facebook page.
- Opportunity to have a presence at the Great Forest Park Balloon Race which expects nearly 100,000 spectators.
- Opportunity to sell cake bite samples at the Great Forest Park Balloon Race for $1, with proceeds benefitting Forest Park.
- 2009 marks the 20th birthday of the Energizer Bunny®
- The 37th annual Great Forest Park Balloon Race will serve as a giant birthday bash for the Energizer Bunny® and his closest St. Louis friends!
- This year, the Hot “Hare” Balloon tour will visit 20 cities for the year-long celebration of the 20th Birthday of the Energizer Bunny®.
- The Hot “Hare” Balloon is the tallest hot air balloon in the world—15 feet taller than the Statue of Liberty.
- A normal hot air balloon is only the size of the Hot “Hare” Balloon’s ears, which are 60 feet tall.
- To those that know him, the Energizer Bunny® is known for his spunky personality, outrageous perseverance, constant determination, and of course, his never-ending, never-quit spirit.
- The Energizer Bunny ® first appeared in a 1989 parody of a television commercial. When the commercial ended the Energizer Bunny® kept "going and going" right off the set.
CAKE CONTEST RULES:
- Judging will be done online by KMOV viewers from across St. Louis, and even the country at www.energizer.com/bunnybirthday
- Voting will open at 10 a.m. Thursday, September 17 and will end at 11:59 p.m., September 17th.
- Judging will be made on overall appearance, creativity, uniqueness, and WOW factor.
- Only 1 entry per bakery.
- Cake entries must be made of cake or edible materials.
- All exterior decoration must be edible with the exception of pillars, plates and wire/toothpicks to attach decorations to the cake layers and a cake board.
- Each entry will be allowed a space of 24” x 24”. There is no height limit.
- There is no electricity or running water for your cakes display.
- Winner will be announced Friday, September 18, 2009 at 10 a.m. on Great Day St. Louis
- Winner will need provide the cake or recreation for the Great Forest Park Balloon Race on Saturday, September 19, 2009 to showcase at event.
- Winner must incorporate some, but not all, creative criteria listed below to keep in theme with the contest and event.
- Entry constitutes permission to use winners’ name and likeness and entries for publicity purposes without further compensation.
- By entering, each winner accepts all of the conditions, restrictions, requirements, and/or regulations required by Sponsors and also agrees to accept delivery of prize. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, picture, likeness, address and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes for Sponsors and for this and/or similar promotions, without compensation.
- Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, their affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss, or other liability that may arise from entrant’s participation in the Contest or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize.
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS:
- One (1) Balloon Ride at Great Forest Park Balloon Race
- One (1) Booth at the Great Forest Park Balloon Race to feature cake* and have bakery signage
- Signed Certificate of Participation
*Runners up may be invited to serve cake as part of donation to Forest Park.
Monday, September 14,, 2009
10:00:a.m. – Viewing of first cake entry and interview
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
10:00 a.m. – Viewing of second cake entry and interview
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
10:00 a.m. – Viewing of third cake entry and interview
Thursday, September 17, 2009
10:00 a.m. – Viewing of fourth (and final) cake entry and interview
11:00 a.m. – Voting begins online at kmov.com for contest entry
11:59 a.m. – Voting ends.
Friday, September 18, 2009
10:00 a.m. – Winner is announced on Great Day St. Louis Live
Saturday, September 19, 2009
12:00 p.m. – Winner showcases first place cake in Great Forest Park Balloon Race Booth