Materials You Will Need:
- 2 Energizer® MAX® D cell batteries (separate batteries—you won't use your Power Pack for this experiment)
- (2) 5" pieces of number 22 insulated copper bell wire with approximately 1" of insulation stripped off all ends
- Cardboard tube (toilet tissue or paper towel) cut to 4" in length
- PR6, or number 222, 3-volt flashlight bulb
- 2 brass fasteners (brads)
- 1" x 3" cardboard strip
- Paper clip
- Bathroom-size paper cup
Please Read Carefully!
All experiments use safe, low-voltage battery power. Household electrical current contains high voltage that could cause serious injury. DO NOT use household electrical current for any of these experiments. ALL experiments should be conducted under adult supervision.
- Carefully follow wiring instructions for each experiment. Improper wiring can result in battery leakage and/or rupture.
- DO NOT take a battery apart. Contact with internal battery material can cause injury.
- DO NOT dispose in fire, recharge, put in backwards, or mix with used or other battery types. This may cause batteries to explode, leak and cause personal injury.