Looking for a fun and easy way to learn math, history, countries, capitals, etc.? Use your knowledge of electricity to make this game for you, your family, and friends. Materials you will need:
- Energizer® Power Pack
- Two 12” pieces and eight 16” pieces of No. 22 insulated copper wire with approximately 1” of insulation stripped off all ends
- Bulb holder
- 8” x 12” cardboard
- 16 paper clips
- Two large nails
- Electrical tape
- 1. Draw 7 lines across the cardboard and 1 down. Develop your own questions and answers about a subject that interests you.
Write the questions on the left side and the answers on the right side. Make sure to mix up the questions and answers so they are not on the same lines.
Another option would be to type up the questions and answers as shown in the table below. This could then be printed and attached to the cardboard.
- 2. Attach paper clips to the board at each question and answer.
- 3. Behind the board attach a wire from the paperclip of each question to the corresponding paperclip with the correct answer (one connection shown).
- 4. Attach the two 12” wires with electrical tape to large nails that will be used as probes.
Attach the other side of one 12” wire to the positive side of the Energizer power pack and the other side of the second 12” wire to the bulb holder.
Then connect the other side of the bulb holder to the negative of the Energizer power pack.
- 5. Place one probe on the paper clip by a question and place the other probe on the paper clip by an answer.
If you select the wrong answer the light bulb does not light up.
- 6. When you match a question with the correct answer the circuit is complete and the bulb lights up.
By changing the questions and answers on the electric quiz game to facts about other subjects you will increase your knowledge in many areas.
You could also try using pencils wrapped in aluminum foil for your probes as an alternate option to nails.