Proper disposal, storage, care and handling of your batteries
Battery Do’s and Don’ts
Do keep batteries, especially small and coin lithium batteries and the devices that use them, out of reach of children. If swallowed, coin lithium battery batteries can get stuck in a child’s esophagus where they can cause serious injury in less than two hours.
Do help Energizer drive awareness of the risks associated with ingesting 20-millimeter, coin lithium batteries when swallowed.
- If you suspect your child has swallowed a coin lithium battery, take him or her to the emergency room immediately and follow these steps:
- 1. Tell doctors and nurses it might be a coin lithium battery.
- 2. Provide the medical team with the identification number from the
- battery’s package if possible.
- 3. Do not let the child eat or drink until an X-ray determines if a battery is present.
- 4. Do not induce vomiting.
- 5. Contact the National Battery Ingestion Hotline for more information: www.batteryingestionhotline.com or 800-498-8666
For Emergencies DIAL 911